The Arts have the power to improve our world and grow our community. At the Floyd Center for the Arts we deeply believe in this power. In the 25 years of work in the Floyd community we have seen clear evidence of these improvements to our region. By focusing on assisting artists with their work, and by giving learners the opportunity to be engaged in the Arts, the Center has helped transform a small, highly rural Appalachian region into a vibrant arts focused community where people want to live and visit. An investment in the Arts is leveraged well beyond its initial capital.
This year marks the Center’s 25th year of service in the Floyd community and beyond. Not only has the Art Center grown & developed, Floyd has as well. The strong statement made by a grassroots group of artists & creatives 25 years ago, when they chose to save an old dairy barn while supporting the arts, laid the groundwork for great things to happen in Floyd and the NRV today.
Here is just a short list of what the Center achieves in our community:
• Arts workshops at the Center offer area residents lifelong learning opportunities
• Afternoon Art Classes for school age children
• Open Studio offers no/low cost access to studio space, peer networking & resources.
• Concerts offer attendees’ the chance to see world-class performers up close.
• Gallery Events that showcase & highlight regional artists
• The Center’s Gift Shop gives artisans an opportunity sell their work
• Area artists teach workshops & classes
• Access to specialty studio space & equipment for low cost
• Arts Incubator offers space & resources are available for artists & arts businesses
• Advocating & expanding resources on behalf of artists & artistic endeavors
Floyd Center for the Arts
Employer id number (ein)
Address220 PARKWAY LN S STE 1